This software delivers tools to build surface reconstructions
from point cloud data and a simple viewer to display the
results. Additionally, the found surfaces will be classified into
predefined categories. The main aim of this project is to deliver
fast and accurate surface extraction algorithms for robotic
applications such as tele operation in unknown environments and
This software is under permanent development and runs under
Linux and MacOS. A Windows version will be made avialable
soon. (Relatively) stable releases can be found in the download
section. Furthermore, these releases are integrated into the
slam6d project, which can be
Features of the current release:
- Surface extraction using a Marching Cubes implementation
- Robust normal estimation for the input data points.
- Surface classification.
- Clustering of planar patches.
- Export of the resulting meshes to binary .ply files that can
be displayed in other software such
Unstable, hence unreleased features
- Mesh optimization based on surface clustering.
- Texture mapping for classified surfaces.
These features will be included in future releases. Developer
versions can be found in the project's SVN repository. Feel free